Saturday, June 13, 2009

Goodbye relaxing park days

It's a good thing our son has a father. There are a variety of reasons, but one of them being that Eric is really good at encouraging Emmett to take risks. I remember when Emmett was about 8 or 9 months old, Eric taught him how to crawl backwards down the stairs. Emmett was crying and crying. But Eric kept encouraging him and showing him how to do it. Emmett learned how to crawl down the stairs by himself at a very young age and it was so nice to not worry about that!

Eric has also taught Emmett how to jump off of things - really high things. Anyone who has cared for Emmett at church can testify to his desire to jump from objects. So that I don't go insane, I've chosen to relax a little bit. Watch closely and carefully conceal my trepidation (as I did in my last post).

Here are pictures from today of what Eric was teaching Emmett to do at the park before I arrived. I guess I've got to say good bye to the days of me relaxing at the park while my son is only mildly adventurous... Thanks Eric.





No comments: