Friday, August 21, 2009

Emmett has a fever and Eisley tries to walk

I loved the weather today. It was warm with a cool breeze. A slight picture of the beautiful fall to come. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary. We played at the park. Emmett rode his new bike. He's now graduated from his trike to a 2 wheeler with training wheels - dare I call it a 4 wheeler? Probably not, he's ridden his friend's Hot Wheels 4 Wheeler and there is quite a difference.

We had a bit of drama after our park trip. After getting back from the park Emmett declared he was cold and then completely broke down in hysteria. He started gagging and I thought he was faking it. He was crying "I'm sleepy. I need to go night night." So I obliged and told him he could lay in his room until lunch was ready. When I went to go get him for lunch he was sound asleep. I let him sleep. About an hour later he woke up crying and boiling hot. He had wet the bed so I laid a towel down and told him to go back to sleep. When he woke up later he was still very warm so I took his temperature, 101.2. I was a bit concerned because on Wednesday when we went to the doctor about his leg, they asked if he had a fever. A fever in conjunction with the leg pain could be indicative of an infection in the bone or tissue. I called the nurse who talked to the doctor and they said to just keep an eye on him. I was very relieved to not have to go back to the doctor again! So we'll just keep an eye on him and hope he fights off whatever bug he has.

Eisley started pushing a little walker toy around today. It's so cute! See the video.


Eric's parents and brother came over this afternoon. The guys went to a movie and my mother-in-law stayed to play with me and the kids (and fold laundry). Emmett must have asked for Papa about 100 times before Papa finally came home from the movie. It was so cute. At one time he was just standing by the couch and he declared, "I love Papa. I love Papa so much."

No comments: