Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon

It was a wonderful Sunday! I realized this morning, as I was enticing Emmett to go to church because he can play with "choo choo trains", that I should probably also include learning about Jesus in the description of church! Now if only we could combine Jesus and "choo choo trains" in a Sunday school lesson, I think we'd have those 2 year olds totally hooked!

After church we played at the park for almost 2 hours! I got fried by somehow the kids aren't. I'm so relieved cause I'd feel horrible if they were as burned as I am. After naps we had some more outside playtime on our little patio.


Eisley's "outside" time ...
She LOVES those mesh bag teething/feeing things with ice cubes inside...
Emmett also eating ice cubes...
And now he's drinking....look closer...can you tell what that is?...

Link...yep, you guess it! Lemon juice. He opened the fridge and said, "I'm looking for something." I asked, "what are you looking for?" He paused, "hmmmm ... his!" as he pulled out the lemon juice. Then he got out a sippy cup and walked outside. He was pouring a little bit into the cup, taking a sip and then spitting it out. Sip, swish and repeat.

Then he discovered the slinky. Which he lovingly called "caterpillar" which cracks me up given his two last encounters with caterpillars (which I'd hyper link to my past blog stories if only I knew how). Also, that is an ice cube in his mouth, which he was also feeding to the slinky - I mean, caterpillar. He was putting it in one end and it would fall out the bottom.


Eisley was helping put together the new fan for her room...

And Emmett was jumping on Eisley's bed...

No comments: