Wednesday, February 3, 2010

a poopoo

Eisley is an amazing communicator. She has a whole slew of words. Each day she adds a new word to her vocabulary. This is such a fun stage! Anyway, one of her favorite words is "poopoo." She walks over to the toilet and says, "a poopoo" and hits the seat cover or reaches for the potty seat. I usually oblige and let her sit on there. Every once in a while, if she sits on there long enough, she gets lucky and something ends up in the toilet. She'll often grunt and push - you can see her little tummy tense up. A little wind here or there, not not a whole lot to show for all that work.
Well, today was different, she completely amazed me. She was walking around with only a diaper on. The little potty chair was sitting in the middle of the living room. She tore off her diaper, sat on the potty and said, "a poopoo." I asked, "did you go poopoo?" "Yeah," she responded. I looked in the potty chair and low and behold, she had gone potty! I couldn't believe it! I'm not thinking this is going to be a regular occurrence, but I certainly will continue encouraging her and following her lead.

1 comment: