Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Make a Wish

We went to the Mall of America today for Toddler Tuesday. The Science Museum was there with a puppet show about apes. Emmett enjoyed it much more than I thought he would. We spent some time playing with Legos and then ate at Famous Daves (kids eat free, so I figured it cost us about as much as McDonalds). As we walked towards our entrance we had to make a quick stop at the wishing fountain.
He wished for money so that he could get a gum ball and a Nintendo DS.
I gave Eisley a penny too, but she didn't really care as long as she could just touch the water.
After the wishing well, Emmett asked to look at the big boy shoes. He picked out the grey pumas and asked if he could try them on. I obliged and then let him try on 4 more pairs, just because he wanted to, SOOO badly. Even after the fourth pair he came over and whispered in my ear, "Mommy, can I try on one more pair." Eisley was content trying on the display shoes.
And just because I never believed my mom when she used to say, "You don't need a double stroller, we just used our single for both of you kids." So Mom, for all of the times I laughed at you, I guess you were right after all. Who needs a double stroller?

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I lived for Toddler Tuesday with Jonathan. I need to take Allie there more. Perhaps, we should meet up there one Tuesday.