Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sick

Last night I attended the Women's Holiday Dessert at our church. I went with a neighbor and friend. We got all dressed up, put on make-up, and felt quiet special. The music was uplifting and inspirational. The decorations were festive and whimsical. The cheesecake was tasty and nauseating. Yes, you heard me right. By the time I got home I was not feeling well. I figured I had just over-indulged with my 3/4 a piece of cheesecake. By 4:00 in the morning, I wanted nothing more than to get the contents out of my stomach ASAP. By 5:00 my wishes were granted. I have only thrown up a handful of times in my life, it scares me and it makes me cry. However, this morning, I was grateful.

Now, I still do not know if my illness was due to the cheesecake or a little virus. My friend, who ate the same cheesecake, had similar symptoms this morning. However, my two kids have also had upset stomachs over the past few days, so I don't really know. I do know however, that I was cared for with love and tenderness. Eric hurried home, with two movies in hand, to help out with the kids and let me rest. My friend, Heidi, stopped by to see if she could take the kids for a walk (she knew I wasn't feeling well, but did not know Eric had come home). I thought that was so sweet. Anyway, I'm laying on the couch now, feeling better, but still feeling under the weather. But also feeling loved and valued.

Eisley does not want to leave my side. It's quite sweet. I also noticed, while laying listlessly on the couch, that Eisley makes exceptional eye contact while holding a "conversation". She is quite chatty and always looks directly into your eyes while talking. Just adorable! I'm to get a video of her "conversations" because you'd think she was giving her senior thesis or something. Hopefully soon I'll have a video to share with you all. Until then, stay healthy!

No comments: