Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Crafty little toddlers

You've gotta love trying to do crafts with toddlers. I mean seriously love it. I never know what I'm going to get when we embark on a craft with these little ones!

Exhibit 1: Finger print turkeys
The intended result...

The actual result...
I thought Emmett's actually turned out pretty cute. He told me, "they're all little turkeys." Well ok then, who am I to argue with the artist!

Exhibit 2: Hand print turkeys
They look pretty good right? This is before I relinquished control. I offered that the kids could paint feathers on with toothpick paintbrushes. Toothpicks, what a brilliant idea! How big of a mess could they make with toothpicks!

Well I don't know how big of a mess they could make with toothpicks, because, while I was nursing Eisley, Emmett found a paintbrush!

Good bye sweet little hand print turkeys!

Exhibit 3: Clean Up
And finally, clean up. I should have known better. I started running the water in the bathroom for Emmett to wash his own hands while I cleaned off the table. With the table clean, I went to check on my son...

"I need to get my whole body clean."
"Well yes, I suppose you do. Let me get you a wash cloth."

Crafty little toddlers indeed!

No kidding, I pulled out my camera and Eisley looked at me, said, "cheeeeese" and did this...

4 comments:

Amber said...

HAHAHA that is great! You are such a good momma to do all those crafts!

Christ follower said...

I laughed SO hard! I love the sink one and of course Eisley's cheese pic. She said cheese for me but no smile. It looks like she is feeling better. You have so much patience.

Sarah said...

Fun!!! My youngest was looking at the pics with me and I think my day will now include painting! I may have to steal the ideas! Very cute!

Alison said...

Oh my!! I've learned never to leave paint unattended! Or markers, crayons, frosting, sour cream, peanut butter...