Friday, October 2, 2009

Veggie Tales and Operation Christmas Child

Veggie Tales and Operation Christmas Child have partnered up this holiday season. Our church hosted a sneak preview of the new movie so we benefited from having some fun extra supplies left over. Eric brought some home the new Veggie Tales movie, "Saint Nicholas - The Story of Joyful Giving." At the beginning of the movie there is a promo for Operation Christmas Child. Eric also brought home some OCC boxes and Veggie Tales coloring sheets. So, we had a morning full of Veggie Tales and Operation Christmas Child... oh and Flax Seed Pumpkin Bread, cut in the shape of hearts.

After watching the movie, the kids were SO excited to go shopping for the kids who live in a different country. I packed up the 4 kids and we headed to Target. Emmett and Flora carried their boxes around and picked out items to give to their "friends."


Emmett with his finished box.

At home with his box.


We tried to take a picture of the kids to include with the box. I couldn't get one of all 4. I think I'll try again Monday.

Until then, this one will have to do.



2 comments:

Amber said...

SO fun! I love occ! The pictures of Emmett with his box is adorable and I love the one of him and Eisley! I am pretty sure I have the cutest niece and nephew ever!

Amber said...

Oh and flax seed pumpkin bread recipe? Please and thank you!