Saturday, September 12, 2009

Emmett puts on a show

Today while I was at MOPS training the kids got to spend time with Grandma, Papa and Daddy. Emmett always looks forward to spending time with Grandma and Papa, and so does Eisley, now that she's no longer afraid of Papa :).

From what I hear, they went to the park and witnessed Eisley climb up the slide, they played baseball (with Emmett's new mitt, thank you Savers!), basketball, 4 square and played some games inside as well. Sounds like a blast!

As Emmett was getting ready for bed tonight he was determined to take his shirt off himself. He was really struggling and I was holding back my laugh. I suggested, "how about we put your shirt back on, I'll go get the camera and video tape you taking it off, then you can watch it!" Selfishly, I just wanted to get this on camera. I ran to get my camera and here's what I captured, unfortunately it wasn't as dramatic as the pre-camera version.

I've been asked to edit the video by Emmett's father :) so until I get the naked part editted we will have no video.

Then he wanted to put on his new shirt, which is the exact same shirt that he was wearing. You see, we were at Target tonight and Emmett was wearing his "Thor" shirt. I was browsing the 75% off racks and spotted that exact "Thor" t-shirt for $1.24. Since it was the exact same shirt Emmett was wearing, including the same size, I put it back on the rack. Emmett spotted it and said, "I want a matching shirt!" He is very into matching and I thought, "why not!" It's a cute shirt and a good deal. So that is how we ended up with matching shirts. Ok, so back to the video clip you're about to see. He wanted to put the shirt on for the camera. Almost every morning he dresses himself and he's quite particular about what he wears and about putting it on himself. So, I was pretty surprised (and happy because it makes for a funny video) when he struggled getting his shirt on. Watch closely to see why Emmett has such a huge (mischievous) smile on his face at the end of the video.

I'm going to have to post the other video later, it's loading too slowly.

2 comments:

Milt said...

I think future-Emmett will appreciate the public's access to naked videos of him :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm not entirely comfortable with having a video of our pre-pubescent son stripping for the camera. I think you can cut the video once he is down to his underwear.