Sunday, December 27, 2009

Peak-a-boo tutu and follow-through

EISLEY...
When I went pajama crazy at Kohls yesterday, I got Eisley a few new pairs of jammies for next year. One of the pairs comes with a little tutu! She found them (laying on the floor) and brought the pants and tutu over to me indicating that she'd like to wear them. I put them on for her and then admired how amazingly adorable this little lady is.
And just when I thought she couldn't get any cuter, she started playing peek-a-boo with her tutu!

Apparently she likes to eat goldfish out of her dress! The yellow socks were also her request.


EMMETT...
Another night of watching my son sleep. However under different circumstances. I threatened to take away his dahtdoos (his pacifiers) if he came out of his room again. Not only did he come out of his room again, he literally told me I could have all of his dahtdoos and even came to find me with one I hadn't seen. Then came 10:45pm, when he decided he had played in his room long enough and was finally ready to go to sleep. He was beside himself that he did not have his dahtdoos. I just hate it when I make a threat and actually have to follow-through with the consequences which then means additional consequences for me! I let him cry awhile and then went into his room to rock him. Ahhhhh, I have to say, I treasured each moment. He fell asleep in my arms and I continued to rock him and pray over him. How I cherish these moments. I think I may take his dahtdoos away more often just to get the chance to rock my baby to sleep! Of course, if this became a daily thing, that is, him needing to be rocked to sleep, I would not be singing a happy tune.

2 comments:

Christ follower said...

I love the tutu (I had actually looked for one for Eisley but I never would have thought to look in the pj section.) It is so hard when the time comes to no longer have a childhood thing like a dahtdoo or blankie. Andrew lost his blankie when he was Emmett's age and it was a week of tearful, hard nights and naps! At 20 he seem ok with it though. I am so glad you are living in the moment with your children!

Laura said...

That tutu is so adorable, what a cutie! It's so hard to hear you babies cry, but how awesome he fell asleep in your arms. I cherish those things because I know it won't be long and they will be gone.