Friday, December 18, 2009

Cranberry Cake with Butter Cream Sauce

Just typing the title makes me want to hop right out of bed and go get a piece! I know right, YUM!!!

Eric and I went to MckMama's Christmas party and had a blast! Our contribution to the party (in addition to my husband's witty remarks) was this amazing Cranberry cake. The pictures aren't great but I promise it will be a hit! I'm going to make it again for Christmas Eve.

I originally had this type of cake at a MOPS leadership meeting and just fell in love. When I googled looking for a recipe, I found this one for a bundt cake, which I personally prefer in presentation to a 9x13. Even though I forgot my powdered sugar, I thought a little sprinkle on top would be a nice touch.
Butter cream sauce served warm!

my half eaten (fourth) piece!


Now that I've got you salivating, here is the recipe. I made it directly from the allrecipes.com recipe.


CAKE
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups evaporated milk
  • 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
  • PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  • GREASE and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
  • MIX together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  • CREAM together the 6 tablespoons butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the evaporated milk. Stir in the cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  • BAKE in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
  • COOL in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

  • SAUCE
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • COMBINE in a sauce pan, cup butter, 2 cups sugar, and cream.
  • Bring to a BOIL over medium heat, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
  • SERVE slices of cake generously covered with hot butter sauce

DELISH! ENJOY!

2 comments:

Kristina Joy said...

That was soooo Yummy! Yay! and thanks!

Randi said...

Mmmmm! This looks good, but I somehow missed it at the party. :(

I guess I'll just have to make my own! :)