So in my joyous state (as I'm typing this, Emmett just got off the couch and positioned himself sitting on the floor right next to sleeping Ender. How cute is that?) I decided to do the "uniquely newborn" post that has been percolating in my mind the past couple days. What are the things that are uniquely newborn? They are unique, they are fleeting, they are adorable, they are rarely spoken of, they are forgotten. Here's my (short) list. Please add to it! But first look at this adorable newborn! (I took this picture with Kristi's borrowed cocoon).
- Fuzz that collects in the creases of their scrunched hands
- Fuzz that collects in their neck folds.
- Sweet little smiles while their sleeping
- Painful facial contortions while they're sleeping
- Scrunched up legs, of course!
- Strangely long and weak fingernails...
- ... and the dirt that collects under them (how is that even possible?)
- Moans and groans and squirms and arching for a tiny little toot...
- ... the precious little smile that comes after all that hard work.
I'll keep thinking... if you have any, please add them below!