Wednesday, April 28, 2010

20 weeks

Crazy that I'm already (over) 20 weeks. Halfway or so through this amazing journey. It's funny because with Emmett, I had no idea what I was missing before he was born. I had no urgency for his birth. I loved being pregnant and although I was excited to meet him, I was content with him staying in me as long as he wanted. With Eisley, I already had an idea of what I was missing. I knew how amazing these little people are and couldn't wait to meet her. Now with this little boy, I feel the same urgency to meet my new son. To be completely honest, I also know how hard labor and the first couple sleepless days (weeks, months) are so I kinda just want to get that over with so we can settle into our new routine. Instead of being anxious I will treasure this time. It's precious time with my two first born babes. It's precious time as I hold my developing son in my womb - how I love being pregnant. How I love feeling his flutters, his kicks, his stretches (no hiccups yet).

With out further ado, here is my 20 week belly shot. These self portraits are not very flattering but I'm not going to worry about it.

No comments: