Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

We celebrated Mother's Day today since tomorrow Eric works the majority of the day. So here it is:

After snuggling for a bit with the two oldest kids, Eric got out of bed with them and let me sleep in. At 7:30am I was awoken by my 4 favorite people carrying one of my favorite foods; chocolate chip cookies and milk (the cookies which I had made the night before). They also handed me a daisy shaped gift bag. Emmett had informed me last night, "we don't have a surprise for you!" So I was speechless when I opened the bag and discovered exactly what I wanted, a creamsicle chewbead necklace!! I LOVE it! It's even cuter in real life!

After devouring my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a touch of cinnamon (my favorite cookie recipe ever) I got ready to head to my friends' house to photograph her family. I love meeting friends' families. I am finally able the picture the people they speak about and understand more who they are. I photographed my friend Aubrey, her parents, her 3 siblings and their families. I really had a great time.

I've been so in the mood for the Greek pizza at CPK so we went there for lunch, followed by some shopping. We even saw Thor at Toys R Us! Whatever makes the kids happy makes me happy!


The evening finished up with McDonalds (I asked that we not cook tonight :)) and now I'm editing photos, blogging and watching a movie.

I felt very loved today! I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Sounds like a nice mom's day to me!

Christ follower said...

And you are a GREAT mom! I am so glad you are the mother of half of my adorable grandchildren!