Monday, May 2, 2011

Mixing Play-doh

In general I'd say I'm mostly a "let's have fun", "let's make a mess" kind of a mom - and my house shows it. My one exception is play-doh. I don't know what my deal is, but I'm a play-doh purist! I like my play-doh pure and unmixed!
So when I got a bunch of little play-dohs from a friend, I told the kids they could take as many colors as they wished and mix them if they wanted. They didn't believe me, "mix them?", "I don't believe it!", "as many as we want?" It was hilarious.
And they had a blast!

Emmett is doing a great job sounding out words. We played with these magnets. I'd put down "AT" for example and have him sound that out. Then I'd add a "B" or a "C" to make "BAT" or "CAT". He was sounding out words so well! I'm so proud of him!


No comments: