Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Playing at Nana's

Today we took a field trip to my mom's house. The kids had a great time and I enjoyed the moral support! We played in the sandbox and inflatable pool.




Random updates:
  • Eisley has been wearing real underwear for 3 or 4 days now. After a week of no accidents in pull-ups I took the plunge to underwear and it's been successful so far!
  • Emmett cracks me up with things he says each and every day. Here's one from a couple days ago.
Emmett is waiting for me to serve him dinner. "Mom, where's my dinner?
"Be patient please sweetie."
"Tick tock, tick tock."
I ignore him.
"I'll SERVE YOU FOR DINNER!"
I burst out laughing having no clue what had just happened. I assumed it was a quote from the movie he had just seen. Eric said it wasn't. Eric immediately corrected his disrepectful behavior as I silently laughed at such a creative (although disrespectful comment). I have a feeling I'm going to have to hide my laughter from this kid quite often!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He actually said, "I'll serve YOU for dinner."

Alyssa said...

THANK YOU ERIC! I couldn't remember exactly, and it's so much better if I get it right. I'm changing it now.

Anonymous said...

How does one determine whether sand and water should mix and when it should remain separate?

Since the kids have been at the beach frequently, it seemed important to them to mix the sand in the sand box with the water in the inflatable pool. Its seems they thought, "Why don't Nana and Mom want us to put sand into the water?"


Oh, yes, and why could water be put into the sandbox - but sand was NOT to be put in the pool?

Adults are confusing!