Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What the kids are saying these days

Emmett has a crush. He has it bad. Here is what he says about this girl, Mikayla.
"Doesn't Mikayla look so pretty?...I love Mikayla. I love her till my heart reaches the heaven. I only love my family and Mikayla until my heart reaches the heaven....I changed my mind, I want to marry Mikayla." He has always said he wants to marry Flora, my nanny girl, but now he's "changed his mind."

We always pray when an ambulance drives by. Today while I was driving, an ambulance drove by. I glanced in the backseat and saw Eisley's eyes scrunched closed and her hands gripped together praying, "Dear Jesus....amliance..." I couldn't understand the words, but it wasn't the words that mattered, it was her precious little heart connecting with her heavenly father.

We also pray when I load up all 5 kids in the car. I take it very seriously that my nanny family lets me drive their kids around. The other day as the kids and I were driving away from our play date I hadn't thought to pray. With in moments of driving Eisley calls out from the backseat, "Mommy, say 'Dear Jesus'!"

This morning Emmett's eye was bothering him - he was seeing double. As he was eating breakfast, he paused for a moment as he bowed his head and prayed, "Dear Jesus, please help me not see 2 of everything. Please help my eye feel better. Amen"

Later today we were looking for Emmett's bike helmet. Once again he bowed his head, "Dear Jesus, please help me find my helmet."

2 comments:

heidi said...

Oh so great that you are teaching them to constantly be talking to God :)

Christ follower said...

Deuteronomy 6:5 ' shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.' Thank you for teaching your children (my grandchildren) like this!